Founded in 2014 in Paris, DNA Script is the world leader in enzymatic DNA synthesis. The company aims to accelerate innovation in life sciences and technology through rapid, affordable and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages billions of years of natural evolution to enable genome-scale synthesis. The company's technology has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of new therapeutics, enhanced diagnostics, sustainable chemical production, improved crops and DNA data storage.
DNA Script has raised over 23M€/$27M of financing to date, mostly through equity funding from prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual interested in working at the interface between molecular biology and automation, to take up a key role within the DNA Synthesis Development team. This is an ideal opportunity for an early career candidate wishing to gain experience in an exciting area of biotechnology. The candidate will be involved in multiple stages of technology and product development, including new protocol testing, optimisation, validation, and scale-up. Liquid handler operation will form a large component of the role, and the ability to manage complex technical processes and keep track of multiple parameters is crucial. We are seeking an individual who is detail-orientated, enjoys problem-solving, and thrives in a cross-disciplinary role.
- Liquid handler operation and transfer of new protocols to an automated format
- Execution of complex molecular biology experiments that contribute towards the development of novel enzymatic DNA synthesis protocols
- Analysis of experimental data
- Effective documentation and reporting of experimental findings
- Engagement in good laboratory practices
- Active contribution towards critical company milestones, with a willingness to work outside immediate area of expertise where required
Qualifications and experience
- Masters or Engineering degree in the field of molecular biology, biological process engineering, biotechnology or similar
- Minimum two years' experience in R&D (molecular biology, diagnostics, or a related field); familiarity with ISO 13485 is an advantage
- Excellent laboratory skills and experience of common molecular biology methods such as nucleic acid isolation, quantification, PCR/QPCR, and NGS library preparation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a large multi-disciplinary team
- Fluent English speaker, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills
- Highly motivated, with a passion for new technologies
- Experience with liquid handlers
- Programming experience (visual basic or similar)
Cultural / behavioral fit
- Strong commitment to results and achievement of goals
- Deep understanding of technology
- Ability to thrive and be able to prioritize in a constantly changing environment with little guidance
- Great team player but can also work well independently
- Relentless attention to detail and accuracy
- High attention to process and a passion for process improvement
- Job located in Paris, at Pépinière Paris Santé Cochin, 29 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014, Paris - and in Kremlin-Bicêtre as of June 2019
- Start date: ASAP
email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org