Director of Business Development and Strategic Marketing
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through rapid, affordable, and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 20 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by leading investors such as Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
Contribute to define and implement the business model and market access strategy for DNA Script all the way to commercialization. To support business-related corporate and IP activities. Contribute to set up a business development organization as well as lead the creation of a salesteam.
- Ideally, holds PhD degree in the field of cellular and systems biology, biotechnology or similar; Alternatively, strong knowledge in genomics, cellular biology and/or molecular biology;
- Has 3 years experience or more in Business Development, Product Management and/or Marketing;
- Significant deal making experience;
- Comfortable with the idea of his/her strategic contribution to the definition of the product/service
- Strategic thinking
- Has designed and implemented a business model before
- Strongly connected in the relevant industries and research teams
- Organization and planning
Cultural / behavioral fit
- Extreme rigor and highly organized
- Skills and ability to deliver complex and large quantity information into a synthetic and useful manner
- Teamwork / works well in small & flexible team
- Leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to details
- High level of technical proficiency and collaborative ability
- Ownership / Proactivity / Persistence / Autonomy
- Insightful / Results-oriented