Electrochemical Engineer – Paris, France The company
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through quick, decentralized solutions for laboratory work in life science and genomics. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BPIFrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual interested in taking up a permanent position within the Development team to work in the nascent area of DNA digital data storage along with partners at 2 prestigious American universities, who will be responsible for development of the hardware. This is an ideal opportunity for a PhD electrochemist with a passion for new technologies and excellent laboratory skills to gain cross-disciplinary R&D experience while testing new concepts and avenues of research where the aim is to control biochemical reactions occurring in parallel. Responsibilities
Qualifications and experience Essential
- Characterization of electroactive species in solution
- Study of electrochemical reactions occuring at the solid/liquid interface
- Modification of solid supports with biomolecules
- Preparation of DNA microarrays on substrates patterned with electrodes
- Analysis of experimental data
- Documentation and reporting of experimental findings
- Engagement in good laboratory practice
- PhD electrochemistry
- Some knowledge in Biology
- Ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills
- Professional level French and English
- Good understanding of semiconductor technologies and microfabrication
- Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area)
- Start date: ASAP