Enzyme Engineering Research Engineer – Paris, France DNA Script
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through quick, decentralized solutions for laboratory work in life science and genomics. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BP France, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris. The role
DNA Script is looking for a talented individual to join the enzyme engineering team, in charge of
helping the team evolve proprietary enzyme variants for DNA synthesis technology.
- Construct/express/screen gene libraries
- Purify proteins and plasmid DNA
- Perform the enzymatic activity tests
- Support the team when needed
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's or higher Degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry
- Hands on' working experience in molecular biology or biochemistry lab
- Familiarity with the protein libraries, protein handling and purification
- Ability to support multiple projects
- Ability to learn new techniques
- Strong record keeping skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent English speaker
- Familiarity with high throughput approaches
- In vitro protein expression and/or emulsion-based assays
- Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area)
- Start date: ASAP