DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through rapid, affordable, and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 20 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by leading investors such as Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
DNA Script is looking for an enzyme fermentation scientist in order to ensure the production of DNA Script proprietary enzymes: first for internal R&D use and in a latter stage for DNA production operation.
You will be responsible for the development and optimization of bacterial fermentation processes for recombinant enzymes in collaboration with the downstream processing team to maximize enzyme yields and reduce cost of goods.
Your tasks include:
- Design, plan, and execute fermentation experiments to improve process performances
- Perform microbiology growth experiments using shake flasks and bioreactors cultivation techniques.
- Collaborate with downstream processing team
- Adjust procedures for scale-up transfer
- Evaluate and maintain fermentation data in databases.
- Analyze data using fermentation and chemical engineering fundamentals, mass and energy balances.
- Prepare and present results, scientific findings, protocols and SOPs
Opportunity and challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: bring to the world the next ultimate tool in biotechnology.
We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team of a high potential biotech startup. We have put in place competitive benefits (salary, equity, healthcare, meal voucher and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris
Experience and skills
- Experience in enzyme production
- Bioprocess development with bacteria
- Fermenter culture operations and development
- Insightful/results focused
- Master degree or PhD in the field + 3 years of hands-on experience in protein production
Nice to have
- Experience with different over-expression systems
- Strain engineering
- Secretion systems
- Bioprocess development with yeast
- Bioprocess development with mammalian cells
- Attraction to the start-up world
- Industrial experience
Cultural / behavioral fit
- Good rigor and highly organized
- Teamwork / works well in small & flexible team
- Good communication skills
- Attention to details
- High level of technical proficiency and collaborative ability
- Ownership / Proactivity / Persistence / Autonomy
- Insightful / Results-oriented