Global Head of Marketing
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through rapid, affordable, and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable biochemistry and even data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $27M of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by leading investors such as Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
Opportunity and challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of "DNA-write". We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. We have put in place competitive benefits. Most of the team is located in the heart of Paris, a US subsidiary has recently been created.
We are looking for a Global Head of Marketing who'll build and lead all our marketing activities from social media and digital campaigns all the way to advertising and creative projects. The position will be US based, but the ideal candidate must be willing to spend up to 50% of her or his time on the road travelling to meet customers, development partners and our Research and Development team in the Paris headquarters.
The Global Head of Marketing responsibilities include developing plans to help establish our brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term development goals. If you're a skilled Marketing strategist, able to build and inspire your team members, and have a track record of technical evangelism with new technologies, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will run our Marketing department in ways that promote higher profitability and competitiveness of our company. Your ability to message and communicate our collective passion will help us change the way the world makes and uses DNA.
Global Head of Marketing responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and managing the to be born DNA Script Marketing team in the US and EU (Product, Event, Digital and Print Messaging Managers, Ecommerce Team)
- Crafting strategies for all Marketing teams that address the 5 P's globally
- Establishing and ensuring our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Analysis of consumer behavior and determination of customer personas
- Ensuring Voice of the Customer and their personas needs are reflected in all of our product offerings
- Identification of opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Supporting the BD team in monitoring of competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Working with Management Team to explore and implement ideal business models for our DNA Printers
- Collaborating with the Head of Sales and coordinating their global sales teams to maximize our market penetration where we sell direct, and supporting the efficacy of our Distribution partners in markets where we do not
- Preparing and managing monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department
- Setting, monitoring and reporting on team goals
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
Ideal Candidate will have (i.e. requirements)
- BSc or Masters in Business Administration; having a Marketing focus is ideal
- Advanced technical degree in biology or chemistry (MS or PhD) is ideal
- 10 year track record of success in Marketing of technical products
- Work experience as Head of Marketing, VP Marketing, or at least 5 years as a Product Manager, preferably within Life Sciences Tools or Diagnostics (IVD) market sectors. Experience in genomics/molecular biology is a plus.
- Experience in the consumer electronics market, specifically the desktop printer/ink segment and or successful operation of a subscription-based business would be viewed favorably.
- Demonstrated track record of successful marketing campaigns
- Solid knowledge of web analytics and Google Adwords
- Experience with CRM software
- Experience in building and operating of an e-commerce based business is a plus.
- Has exceptional analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities
- Track record of strong, team oriented, leadership abilities, as well as the ability to influence the establishment of a course that is optimal for the company
- Demonstrated history of technical evangelism (i.e. has the strong organization, problem solving, communication and presentation skills that make people gravitate to your ideas)
- Possesses the passion, authority and credibility to represent the Company in front of stakeholders, industry peers and the board of directors
- Has the highest levels of personal honesty, integrity and commitment