Head of Product Development
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through rapid, affordable, and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $27M of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by leading investors such as Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
Opportunity and challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life science.
We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high potential biotech startup. We have put in place competitive benefits. Most of the team is located in the heart of Paris, a US subsidiary has recently been created. The Head of Product Development will have to spend at least 40% of its time in our Paris main office.
Position open at DNA Script
DNA Script is looking to reinforce its management team by the addition of a Head of Product Development. You will be part of the company's leadership management team. This is a critical role for DNA Script, since the Company will enter the market in 2 years with a disruptive distributed business model.
Your missions will be to:
i. Develop and lead product development at DNA Script
ii. Ensure product market fit
iii. Work with development partner to deliver first beta version to serve KOLs, and later commercial iterations
iv. Ensure smooth transfer from R&D to product
Experience and skills
- Shows excellent track record in launching products under design requirement.
Has best in class project management experience and achievements
- Has 5+ year of experience in managing contractors
- Has a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in product development in diagnostics and/or life sciences tools
- Has relevant experience in developing and launching on the market at least 1 product generating $100M+ revenues over several years, ideally in Molecular Biology or Genomic applications for Life Science Research, Diagnostics or Therapeutics
- Has experience in product development of hardware, wetware and software
- Has expertise in overseeing technology transfer from research/development to product
- Has experience in ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 work environment
- Has exceptional analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities in addition to very strong leadership abilities, as well as the ability to set a course that is optimal for the company
- Has strong communication and presentation skills, team orientation, efficient interaction with internal team members as well as external partners. Can interact with the board of directors
- Has excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to ensure to stay in budget and time while communicating clearly to the rest of the management team, CEO and CTO
- Possesses the authority and credibility to represent the Company in front of stakeholders and industry peers
- Has the highest levels of personal honesty, integrity and commitment