Scientist - Microarray Technologies
We are looking for an engineer/scientist to join us in Developing Microarray Technologies.
Founded in 2014 in Paris, DNA Script is the world leader in enzymatic DNA synthesis. The company aims to accelerate innovation in life sciences and technology through rapid, affordable and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages billions of years of natural evolution to enable genome-scale synthesis. The company's technology has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of new therapeutics, enhanced diagnostics, sustainable chemical production, improved crops and DNA data storage.
DNA Script has raised over $60M of financing to date, mostly through equity funding from prestigious players such as LSP, BPI France, Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual interested in taking up a scientist role within the Development team. This is an ideal opportunity for an early career candidate with a passion for new technologies and excellent laboratory skills to gain cross-disciplinary R&D experience while testing new concepts and avenues of research where the aim is to control biochemical reactions occurring in parallel.
- Modification of solid supports.
- Preparation of DNA microarrays.
- Testing of new concepts linked to scientific and business objectives.
- Analysis of experimental data.
- Documentation and reporting of experimental findings.
- Engagement in good laboratory practices.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Masters or Engineering degree.
- Minimum two years' experience working at the interfaces of molecular biology, materials and chemistry R&D.
- Ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience with liquid handlers and other types of devices for the manipulation or analysis of very low amounts of reagent.
- Familiarity with image analysis, surface chemistry, electrochemistry, nanolithography, nanofabrication or microfluidics.
- Job located 55 avenue de Fontainebleau, 94 270 Kremlin Bicêtre
- Start date: ASAP.