Founded in 2014 in Paris, DNA Script is the world leader in enzymatic DNA synthesis. The company aims to accelerate innovation in life sciences and technology through rapid, affordable and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages billions of years of natural evolution to enable genome-scale synthesis. The company's technology has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of new therapeutics, enhanced diagnostics, sustainable chemical production, improved crops and DNA data storage.
DNA Script has raised over 23M€/$27M of financing to date, mostly through equity funding from prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a talented molecular biologist to join the DNA Synthesis Development team, in a role that is central to the development of the company's core technology. The candidate will be responsible for performing a full NGS workflow including sample preparation, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis for detailed characterisation of oligonucleotides produced enzymatically. These findings will have a direct impact on the R&D and product development process.
- NGS workflow execution including sample preparation, library preparation/QC, and sequencer operation
-Optimisation and simplification of NGS protocols
- NGS data analysis using custom software tools
-Effective documentation and reporting of experimental findings
- Engagement in good laboratory practices
- Active contribution towards critical company milestones, with a willingness to work outside immediate area of expertise where required
Qualifications and experience
- Masters or Engineering degree in the field of molecular biology, biological process engineering, biotechnology or similar
- Minimum two years' experience in R&D (molecular biology, diagnostics, or a related field); familiarity with ISO 13485 is an advantage
- Excellent laboratory skills and experience of common molecular biology methods such as nucleic acid isolation, quantification, PCR/QPCR, and NGS library preparation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a large multi-disciplinary team
- Fluent English speaker, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills
- Highly motivated, with a passion for new technologies
- Experience of NGS data analysis
- Familiarity with liquid handling systems
Cultural / behavioral fit
- Strong commitment to results and achievement of goals
- Deep understanding of technology
- Ability to thrive and be able to prioritize in a constantly changing environment with little guidance
- Great team player but can also work well independently
- Relentless attention to detail and accuracy
- High attention to process and a passion for process improvement
- Job located in Paris, at Pépinière Paris Santé Cochin, 29 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014, Paris - and in Kremlin-Bicêtre as of June 2019
- Start date: ASAP
email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org