Organic Chemist – Paris, France The company
Founded in 2014 in Paris, DNA Script is the world leader in enzymatic DNA synthesis. The company aims to accelerate innovation in life sciences and technology through rapid, affordable and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages billions of years of natural evolution to enable genome-scale synthesis. The company's technology has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of new therapeutics, enhanced diagnostics, sustainable chemical production, improved crops and DNA data storage.
DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing to date, mostly through equity funding from prestigious players such as LSP, Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Bpifrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a talented individual to join the nucleotide chemistry team as organic chemist. The candidate will execute established synthetic procedures and purification of organic molecules that are involved in our breakthrough enzymatic DNA synthesis technology. The position will report to the Scale-up Team Leader. Responsibilities
- Synthesis and purification of modified nucleosides and triphosphates.
- Protocol design, documentation and record keeping
Qualifications and experience Essential
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in organic chemistry with broad range of standard chemical reactions and purification methods (HPLC, LC-MS, flash-chromatography etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment in a shared laboratory space.
- Participate in the smooth operation of the laboratory.
- Excellent team player with a willingness to learn new techniques and purification methods.
- Strong record keeping skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the synthesis and purification of organic molecules.
- Analytical characterization using NMR, HPLC, MS
- Team player, efficient interaction with internal team members
- Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area)
- Start date: ASAP