Analytical Chemistry Methods Engineer
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through quick, decentralized solutions for laboratory work in life science and genomics. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BPIFrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris. The role
DNA Script is looking for a talented candidate to strengthen its analytics platform which is an important part of the development team. Today, DNA Script's analytical platform has two main missions:
- Analyze DNA synthesis samples
- Develop and continuously improve analytical techniques
The candidate will mainly be in charge of conducting methods development projects, on existing analytical equipment but also on future tools. With the help of the platform manager, the candidate will define project outlines, tests required and then lead experiments and result interpretation.
As the analytics platform is central to R&D, the candidate will have to interact with many different teams within the company, understand their needs and develop appropriate solutions.
The candidate will also be involved in all platform activities.
We are looking for a person who is rigorous, methodical, well organized, detail-oriented, problem-solver and capable of playing a cross-functional role within a multidisciplinary team. Responsibilities
- Develop analytical methods for R&D projects (sample preparation, methods of analysis, quantification method, etc.)
- Develop and validate new LC-MS and capillary electrophoresis analysis methods
- Qualify new analytical methods and equipment
- Be accountable for the quality of analytical results, if necessary, help in data interpretation in collaboration with the applicants.
- Assist the platform manager in the development of new characterization tests, in their implementation and in the data analysis.
- Write analytical protocols and analytical development reports
- Participate in the scientific and technical state of the art review
- Participate in the organization of the analytical laboratory
- Ensure communication with other teams
- Manage several activities, their organization and planning while respecting the requested deadlines.
- Participate in the maintenance and monitoring of analytical instruments and equipment Qualifications and experience
- Minimum Master of Science or equivalent Engineering degree: chemical engineer, biochemist or related, preferably in Analytical chemistry, bio-analyzes, biotechnology
- Minimum two years in a diagnostic, biotech, agri-food or pharmaceutical industry, in the field of analytics in an R&D environment
- Perfect knowledge of chromatographic techniques (HPLC, LC-MS) and associated software.
- Excellent knowledge of the Office Pack
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Highly motivated, passionate about developing tools and methods,
- Ability to work independently and within a large multidisciplinary team,
- Dynamic with a positive attitude willing to commit to a high level
- Fluent English speaker
- Good level in French Desirable
- Experience in the analysis of biomolecules, if possible, of DNA / oligonucleotides.
- Experience with LIMS
- Experience in an ISO 13485 accredited laboratory Miscellaneous
- Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area)
- Starting date: ASAP Contact firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com