Molecular Biology Scientist
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through quick, decentralized solutions for laboratory work in life science and genomics. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BPIFrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris. The role
DNA Script is looking for a talented Molecular Biologist to join the DNA Synthesis Development team, in a role that is central to the development of the company's core technology. The candidate will be responsible for the establishment and optimization of processes downstream of the DNA synthesis, most notably including nucleic acid isolation, purification and validation. These findings will have a direct impact on R&D and product development.
The candidate will be in charge of conducting development projects on nucleic acid purification and qualification based on existing molecular biology methods, as well as conducting research projects to develop novel innovative purification and validation tools. With the help of senior scientists, the candidate will define project outline, experimental plan and will then perform experimentations and interpret the results. The position also implies development and validation of automatable processes compatible with the company's future products.
Post-synthesis processing is central to R&D teams. The candidate will join a global team bringing together scientists from various fields of expertise. We are looking for a person who is rigorous, well organized and detail-oriented. Pro-active, the candidate should be a problem-solver and should have a strong ability to think "out of the box", as well as willingness to suggest and to perform assays out of currently available methods. Responsibilities
Qualifications and experience
- Establish, test and improve a broad variety of assays for post-synthesis processing of the nucleic acids: from isolation to the quantification of pure nucleic acid
- Develop and optimize methods based on nucleic acid manipulations (PCR amplification, digestion, purification, yield and time optimization …)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of internal methods for post-synthesis process
- Contribute to the development and validation of automated processing of nucleic acid
- Perform and document experiments, analyse the results, write experimental reports, present conclusions on internal research meeting.
- Document Standard Operation Protocols
- Engagement in good laboratory practices
- Active contribution towards critical company milestones, with a willingness to work outside immediate area of expertise where required
- Masters or Engineering degree in the field of molecular biology, biological process engineering, biotechnology or similar
- Minimum three years' bench-experience in molecular biology, diagnostics, or a related field
- Hands-on experience of standard molecular biology methods for DNA manipulation such as nucleic acid isolation and quantification, DNA digestion, PCR, RNA/DNA analysis on gel, DNA labelling…
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to details and troubleshooting skills, analytical skills with the ability to connect data together
- Ability to work independently and as part of a large multi-disciplinary team
- Fluent English speaker
- Good level in French
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in the development of innovative process
- Experience with oligonucleotide handling
- Experience with automated nucleic acid handling (liquid handler, manifold processing…)
- Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area)
- Start date: ASAP