NGS Research Assistant
Founded in 2014 in Paris, DNA Script is the world leader in enzymatic DNA synthesis. The company aims to accelerate innovation in life sciences and technology through rapid, affordable and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages billions of years of natural evolution to enable genome-scale synthesis. The company's technology has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of new therapeutics, enhanced diagnostics, sustainable chemical production, improved crops and DNA data storage.
DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing to date, mostly through equity funding from prestigious players such as LSP, BPI France, Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a molecular biology technician to join the DNA Synthesis Development team in a role that will support the development of the company's core technology. The candidate will be responsible for performing a full NGS workflow including sample preparation, library preparation and sequencing. This will allow detailed characterisation of oligonucleotides produced enzymatically and have a direct impact on the R&D and product development process.
• NGS workflow execution including sample preparation, library preparation, library QC, and sequencer operation
• Engagement in good laboratory and good documentation practices
• Active contribution towards critical company milestones, with a willingness to contribute to other projects if required
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelors or Engineering degree in the field of molecular biology, biotechnology or similar
• Minimum two years' experience in R&D (molecular biology, genomics, diagnostics, or a related field); familiarity with ISO 13485 is an advantage
• Excellent laboratory skills and experience of common molecular biology methods such as nucleic acid isolation, quantification, PCR/QPCR, and NGS library preparation
• Ability to work independently and as part of a large multi-disciplinary team
• Fluent English speaker, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills
• Highly motivated, with a passion for new technologies
• Familiarity with liquid handling systems
• Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area)
• Start date: ASAP