Global Head of Sales
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $65M of financing, mostly through leading investors such as LSP, BPI France, Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest.
DNA Script has its research facility headquartered in Paris, France, and has recently crossed the ocean into the US with the establishment of its commercial and development teams near San Francisco. Opportunity and Challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of "DNA-write". We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our Next-Hour DNA Synthesis platforms not only have the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
We are looking for a Global Head of Sales who will build and lead all our sales and distribution activities. The position will be US based, but the ideal candidate must be willing to spend up to 75% of her(or his) time on the road travelling to meet customers, development partners, and collaborate with our Research team in the Paris headquarters.
The Global Head of Sales responsibilities include developing plans to help establish our channel strategy across the globe to include direct, e-commerce and distributor sales channels. If you're a skilled and accomplished sales person, able to build and inspire an international team of sales people to over-deliver upon their KPIs, have a track record of technical evangelism and success with new technologies requiring a consultative sales process, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will run our global Sales organization in ways that promote higher profitability and competitiveness of our company. Your ability to translate our collective passion into sales revenue will help us change the way the world makes and uses custom DNA in science and personalized medicine. Global Head of Sales responsibilities include:
Ideal Candidate will have (i.e. requirements)
- Participation in planning and subsequent implementation of business strategies alongside the Management Team
- Recruiting, inspiring and leading the to be born DNA Script Sales team in the US and EU
- Crafting strategies with the Marketing teams that address the 5 P's globally
- Collaborate with RnD and Marketing to ensure products fit the market, and develop menu as a sales tool
- Setting goals, monitoring, and achieving revenue targets for the teams globally
- Cultivating a culture of success by developing, training and inspiring the sales teams to over deliver
- Evangelizing our brand message across all sales channels
- Building commercial presence of our Next Hour DNA Synthesis platforms by attending and participating at conferences and industry events
- Establishing the sales channel strategy across the globe by integrating e commerce, direct and in-direct sales activities
- Identifying opportunities to reach new customers, new market segments, and deliver more market share
- Supporting the BD team in monitoring competition and market changes (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Working with Management Team to explore and implement ideal business models for our DNA Printers and their ink
- Collaborating with the Head of Marketing coordinating their global marketing teams to maximize our market penetration where we sell direct, and supporting the efficacy of our Distribution partners in markets where we don't
- Preparing and managing monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Sales team
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
- A relevant Bachelors Degree, or a Masters Degree in technical or business related disciplines
- Advanced technical degree in biology or chemistry (MS or PhD) is ideal
- Evidence of professional sales training (would be a strong advantage).
- A demonstrable 10 year track record of success in growing the sales of technical products
- Work experience as Head of Sales, VP Sales, or at least 5 years as a National/Regional Sales Director, within Life Sciences Tools sector. Experience in genomics/molecular biology or Diagnostics (IVD) market sectors is a must
- Experience selling systems, and reagents alongside workflow components and or successful operation of a subscription-based business would be viewed favorably.
- Experience in building and operating of an e-commerce based business is also a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities coupled with the emotional intelligence necessary to lead
- Track record of strong, team oriented, leadership abilities, as well as the ability to influence the establishment of a course that is optimal for the company
- Demonstrated history of technical evangelism (i.e. has the strong organization, problem solving, communication and presentation skills that make people gravitate to your ideas)
- The passion, authority and credibility to represent the Company in front of stakeholders, industry peers and the board of directors
- The highest level of personal honesty, integrity and commitment; unquestionably walks the talk so others want to follow.
- Job located in San Francisco Bay Area
- Start date: Q1 2020