Application Engineer – Paris, France The company
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through quick, decentralized solutions for laboratory work in life science and genomics. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BPIFrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for an Application Engineer in order to work on the development and optimization of DNA Script's products. You will be in charge of performing complex experiments using DNA Script's nucleic acid-based products. The aim is not only to demonstrate the potential of DNA Script products in classical molecular biology applications, but also to develop new processes that would change the user experience in different applications in the field of life science. Your work and results will directly impact product development and marketing strategies and will be of prime importance in the development of commercial and scientific partnerships. Responsibilities
Qualifications and experience
- Contribute to the development and validation of Applications using DNA Script's nucleic acids;
- Run efficiently and reproducibly day to day experiments, providing high quality results;
- Effectively document and report experiments, contribute to Application Notes writing;
- Work collaboratively with groups across the company, in particular with Business development and marketing teams to set up tests and trials with future collaborators;
- Engage in good laboratory/documentation practices, write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and enforce their correct use;
- Actively contribute towards critical company milestones, with a willingness to work outside immediate area of expertise where required.
- Master's or Engineering degree in the field of molecular biology, biological process engineering, biotechnology or similar;
- At least three years of hands-on experience in development in the field of molecular biology;
- Strong knowledge of usual and advanced molecular biology techniques: DNA/RNA purification and characterization methods, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, sequencing technologies (Sanger, NGS), genome editing (CRISPR…), CHIP, molecular probes;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, you will need to work with many different persons;
- Highly motivated, with a passion for new technologies
- Excellent organization skills;
- Excellent analysis skills, rigorous with a high attention to details;
- Down-to-earth mindset focused on finding simple solutions to complex problems;
- Flexibility, ability to quickly adapt to shifts in focus and missions;
- Hardworking and flexible on work organization.
- Experience in Automation, use of microtiter plate liquid handling systems, 96 and 384 wells formats;
- Working experience in multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience in nucleic acid synthesis;
- Experience in nucleic acid sequencing, Sanger or NGS (library preparation and sequencing analysis
- Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area)
- Start date: ASAP