Senior UX/UI Designer DNA Script
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $65M of financing, mostly through leading investors such as LSP, BPI France, Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. DNA Script has its research facility headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of establishing its commercial and development teams near San Francisco. Opportunity and Challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of "DNA-write". We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our Next-Hour DNA Synthesis platforms not only have the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
DNA Script is actively searching for a Senior UX/UI Designer who will be responsible for defining our customers' user experience from design to build. We intend to build an ecosystem of web-enabled tools that will allow customers to connect with design tools appropriate for their desired application(s), plan and order materials to print their DNA oligos, and support their ongoing and future needs.
The position will be US based and will begin as a remote role, but the candidate will be expected to be based in the California office, when opened. Additionally, this role will require up to 25% of her/his time on the road, interacting with potential customers, key opinion leaders, and the technical team based in Paris.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Collaborate with Operations, Marketing & Product Development to select, prioritize, and develop user personae
- Consult with clients and potential customers to understand their needs, objectives, and use cases
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and screen flows to inform software development
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and then iterate designs to enhance user experience
- Conduct usability testing on software interfaces developed by DNA Script
- Assist with developing content, designing UI elements and end-user reports
- Research adjacent solutions and benchmark against relevant user interfaces
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
- Develop and maintain styles and standards guidelines for DNA Script user interfaces
- A Bachelor's Degree, or a Master's Degree in a software or design-related field
- Experience designing/using NGS software systems, ideally Illumina's BaseSpace
- Experience using design tools, such as Adobe, InVision, Sketch, and Balsamiq
- Background in biological sciences, DNA applications, either from education or work experience
- Experience in designing software interfaces involving e-commerce is a plus
- Exceptional analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities coupled with the emotional intelligence necessary to lead
- Track record of strong, team oriented, leadership abilities, as well as the ability to influence the establishment of a course that is optimal for the company
- The passion, authority and credibility to represent the Company in front of customers, collaborators, industry peers and scientists
- The highest level of personal honesty, integrity and commitment; unquestionably walks the talk so others want to follow
- Job located in San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)
- Start date: Q3 2019