Chemical Scale-Up Team Leader – Paris, France The company
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through quick, decentralized solutions for laboratory work in life science and genomics. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BPIFrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
The Scale-up Team Leader will be in charge of the internal development and production of modified nucleotides, one of the key reagents in DNA Script's technology
The candidate will show his experience in process scale-up to develop a robust, sustainable and scalable route to ensure internal production of high-quality nucleoside triphosphates that are involved in our breakthrough enzymatic DNA synthesis technology. The position will report to the Nucleotide Chemistry Group Leader.
Your roles will be to:
(i) Build and manage the scale-up team for the development of multiple types of modified nucleotides
(ii) Ensure the production and quality of these nucleotides Responsibilities
Qualifications and experience Essential
- Build and lead a team of 2-3 engineers and technicians to complete projects according to established timelines
- Define roadmap for the internal production of the modified nucleotide portfolio
- Process scale-up implementation and execution
- Protocol design, documentation and record keeping
- Ensure the delivery of modified nucleotides and their uality at standards compatible with R&D needs and with upcoming DNA production operations
- Holds a Master or PhD degree in the field of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar with a minimum of 2-4 years of industry experience required
- Experience in R&D team and project management
- Expertise in nucleic acid chemistry
- Experience in industrial process and scale-up
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player, efficient interaction with internal team members
- Fluent English speaker
- Expertise in nucleoside and nucleotide chemistry
- Experience with phosphoramidite chemistry
- Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area)
- Start date: ASAP