Quality Control Analyst – Paris, France The company
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through quick, decentralized solutions for laboratory work in life science and genomics. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BPIFrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a talented individual to join the nucleotide chemistry team as a Quality Control Analyst
. The position will report to the Nucleotide Scale-up Team Leader.
The candidate will show his experience in process scale-up to develop a robust, sustainable and scalable route to ensure internal production of high-quality nucleoside triphosphates that are involved in our breakthrough enzymatic DNA synthesis technology. The position will report to the Nucleotide Chemistry Group Leader.
Your roles will be to:
(i) Build and manage the scale-up team for the development of multiple types of modified nucleotides
(ii) Ensure the production and quality of these nucleotides Responsibilities
Qualifications and experience Essential
- Provide analytical testing across a range of techniques (including HPLC, UV, MS, NMR, pH, ...)
- Perform quality control of all nucleotides produced internally or externally
- Prepare the different nucleotide solutions entering DNA Script's process
- Assign and record lot numbers
- Record results of testing on QC sheets, lab notebook, or lab software
- Develop or implement new methods for QC (in particular HPLC methods)
- Perform routine quality operations including calibration/maintenance of equipment
- Conduct investigations for testing failure and non-conformances
- Author technical documents, inclunding SOPs, validation documents, standard test methods according to good documentation practices and reports
- Report QC data and analysis to your manager
- Ensure supply and distribution of nucleotides to every team
- Support Nucleotide Chemistry Team (e.g. purification of nucleotides and impurities)
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry or Chemistry
- A minimum of two years' experience working in an analytical or QC envirnment laboratory
- Ability to write and follow procedures and directions
- Capable of working independently and with accuracy
- Good foundation and experience with traditional analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment (HPLC, UV, NMR, LC-MS)
- Extreme rigor and highly organized
- Meticulous, attention too details
- Teamwork / works well in small and flexible team
- High level of technical proficiency and collaborative ability
- Experience in developing HPLC mehtods is a plus
- Experience with QC of nucleotides is a plus
- Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area)
- Start date: ASAP