R&D Program Manager Biotechnology - Paris, France
DNA Script in a nutshell
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through quick, decentralized solutions for laboratory work in life science and genomics. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 58 M€ of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BPIFrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of world class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high-performance biotech startup. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual interested in taking up a permanent position to: (1) manage internal R&D research programs and (2) scoot, submit and track externally funded R&D programs. Regarding the externally funded R&D programs, DNA Script has been awarded 10+ millions of euros in various awards based on its enzymatic DNA synthesis technology:
- In consortium with partners at 2 prestigious American universities to develop a technology for DNA digital data storage ($20m+ program)
- On its own to scale-up the production of our reagents (H2020 SME Instruments 2.5m€ program)
- Other subsidies in the fields of epigenetics, bioproduction and RNA from BPI France (4m€+ in total)
The Program Manager will be in charge of managing those projects, reporting, and launching new projects in similar fields.
In addition to that, he/she will help the CTO organize R&D and might manage some technical projects.
This is an ideal opportunity for a program manager with a scientific background and a passion for new technologies.
- Manage R&D programs
- Lead interactions with governmental offices and consortium partners
- Track progress, timelines and budget
- Reporting to financiers
- Assist legal team in identifying, and filing IP and participate in potential IP negotiations
- Assist CTO in R&D organization and management
Qualifications and experience
- Solid background in science. Ideally a PhD in Biology, Physics
- 5yrs+ experience with excellent track record in project management
- Good understanding of IP
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team
- Professional level French and English
- Experience in molecular biology, protein engineering or electrochemistry
- Good knowledge of DNA and its properties
- Familiarity with French, European and/or US award system
- Experience in consulting
- Experience in project management IT tools