DNA Synthesis Development Scientist
DNA Script in a nutshell
Founded in 2014 in Paris, DNA Script is the world leader in enzymatic DNA synthesis. The company aims to accelerate innovation in life sciences and technology through rapid, affordable and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages billions of years of natural evolution to enable genome-scale synthesis. The company's technology has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of new therapeutics, enhanced diagnostics, sustainable chemical production, improved crops and DNA data storage.
DNA Script has raised over 23 M€/$ 27M of financing to date, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
DNA Script is looking for a talented individual to take up a key role wi thin the DNA Synthesis Development team. The candidate will be involved in multiple stages of technology and product development including method design, validation, and scale-up. He or she will be working on protocol optimization increasing for example enzymatic synthesis quality or improving throughput. This work will be performed on a variety of platform ranging from standard liquid handling systems to internal breadboard and prototype instrumentation. We are seeking an individual who is detail-orientated, enjoys problem-solving, and is able to work in a multi-disciplinary role.
- Adopt strategic approaches to design and execute complex experiments that contribute towards the development of novel enzymatic DNA synthesis protocols
- Work collaboratively with groups across the company to test/validate new reagents and methodologies
- Perform in-depth analysis of experimental data
- Effectively document and report experimental findings
- Engage in good laboratory/documentation practices, in accordance with the ISO 13485 quality management system
- Actively contribute towards critical company milestones, with a willingness to work outside immediate area of expertise where required
Qualifications and experience
- Masters or Engineering degree in the field of molecular biology, biological process engineering, biotechnology or similar
- Minimum three years' experience in R&D (molecular biology, diagnostics, or a related field); familiarity with ISO 13485 is an advantage
- Excellent laboratory skills and experience of common molecular biology methods including PCR, restriction digestion, DNA/RNA purification, and nucleic acid characterisation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a large multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills
- Highly motivated, with a passion for developing tools that will advance the life sciences field
- Experience of NGS workflows
- Experience in nucleic acid synthesis
- An interest in automation and familiarity with liquid handling systems