DNA Synthesis Development Project Leader
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through rapid, affordable, and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 23 M€/$ 27M of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
Opportunity and challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life science.
We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high potential biotech startup. We have put in place competitive benefits (salary, equity, healthcare, meal voucher and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
Position open at DNA Script
DNA Script is looking for a DNA Synthesis Development Project Leader in order to ensure the development and optimization of DNA Script oligonucleotide synthesis process.
You will be responsible for a team of 3 to 5 persons, which will ensure the optimization and improvement of oligonucleotide synthesis as well as the downstream process (desalting, purification, quantification) of standard and of modified DNA and RNA. This includes: team management, reagent and consumable supply follow-up, respecting development planning implementing SOP for synthesis, downstream process and characterization…
You will also contribute to the weekly production of nucleic acids for internal R&D use to the Application Group, to a weekly screening for the Enzyme Engineering Group and to the production of nucleic acids for external groups on a on demand basis.
This development work will prepare the field and be linked to DNA Script's pilot plant and future production line. You will therefore be in charge of transferring and helping in the scale-up phase.
In summary, the assignment will involve: implementation of new production process for synthesis and downstream processes, management of the internal development synthesis team, contribution to the synthesis instrumentation developments and to the production scale-up.
Experience and skills
- Five years at least of experience in development or in a pilot production team in molecular biology or diagnostics
- Excellent knowledge of usual molecular biology techniques: PCR, restriction enzymes, DNA/RNA purification and characterization methods
- Experience in industrial scale-up
- Leadership skills
- Excellent organization skills and reporting skills,
- Excellent and proven capacity of prioritization, ability to adapt working methods and organization according to a quickly evolving structure
- Excellent analysis skills, rigorous with a high attention to details,
- Pragmatic set of mind, finding simple solution to complex problems.
Nice to have
- Experience in Automation, use of microtiter plate liquid handling systems, 96 and 384 wells formats.
- Working experience in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in nucleic acid synthesis and/or sequencing
Seniority / education
You hold a Master, engineer or PhD degree in the field of molecular biology, Biological Process Engineering, Chemical engineering, Biotechnology or similar.
You have at least 5 years of hands-on industrial experience in Molecular biology or in the Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry.