DNA Synthesis Platform Team Leader - Paris, France
DNA Script in a nutshell
Founded in 2014 in Paris, DNA Script is the world leader in enzymatic DNA synthesis. The company aims to accelerate innovation in life sciences and technology through rapid, affordable and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages billions of years of natural evolution to enable genome-scale synthesis. The company's technology has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of new therapeutics, enhanced diagnostics, sustainable chemical production, improved crops and DNA data storage.
DNA Script has raised over 58 M€/$ 65M of financing to date, mostly through equity funding brought by prestigious players such as Illumina Ventures, LSP, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BPIFrance, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur.
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people gathering their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of DNA to write the future of life sciences. We offer the opportunity to join a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a high potential biotech start-up. We offer a competitive benefits package (salary, equity, healthcare, meal vouchers and public transportation) along with a unique opportunity to work in the heart of Paris.
DNA Script is looking for a talented individual to take up a key role within the Development team. He or she will be in charge of organizing and developing the synthesis platform dedicated to providing DNA and essential data to the rest of the company. This platform will play a centre role for DNA Script by evaluating new reagents and their stability, performing synthesis for enzyme screening and qualifications and by providing DNA to the rest of the team. To do so, the candidate will need to interact with many different teams, understanding their needs and optimizing synthesis runs.
The candidate will be in charge of implementing the necessary test and processes to ensure day to day reproducibility, excellent synthesis and data quality, anticipating new needs, increasing throughputs and mastering cost. This work will be performed on a variety of platforms. He or she will be assisted by a technician.
We are seeking an individual who is well organized, detail-orientated, enjoys problem-solving, and is able to work in a multi-disciplinary role.
- Manage the Synthesis Platform: Ensure efficient and reproducible day to day operations, provide high quality results, ensure high equipment uptime, manage team and resources (equipment, reagents, consumables),
- Implement and follow key parameter indicators (KPI) for synthesis in order to evaluate day to day performances, drifts, improvements…,
- Work collaboratively with groups across the company to set up appropriate runs,
- Perform in-depth analysis of experimental data,
- Effectively document and report on platform KPI, QC data and processes,
- Engage in good laboratory/documentation practices, write Standard Operation Protocols (SOPs) and enforce their correct use,
- Actively contribute towards critical company milestones, with a willingness to work outside immediate area of expertise where required.
Qualifications and experience
- Biochemistry engineering degree or PhD,
- Minimum of three years' experience in managing a service platform or a pilot line using automated liquid handlers, preferentially in the field of molecular biology,
-Experience in automation, liquid handlers, high throughput screening or analysis,
-Some experience in R&D (molecular biology, diagnostics, or a related field),
-Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Tools,
-Excellent organisational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills,
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
-Highly motivated, with a passion for developing tools and methods,
-Ability to work independently and as part of a large multi-disciplinary team,
-Dynamic with positive attitude willing to engage at a very high level,
Excellent English language level as well as at least an intermediate French language level.
- Experience of NGS workflows
- Experience in nucleic acid synthesis
- An interest in automation and familiarity with liquid handling systems