Laboratory technician We are looking for a laboratory techician to extend our enzyme engineering team. DNA Script in a nutshell
Based in downtown Paris, DNA Script is focused on the manufacturing of synthetic DNA using a proprietary template-free enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through rapid, affordable and high-quality DNA synthesis. We are a team of 13 and working in collaboration with Institut Pasteur, Institut Cochin and ESPCI. DNA Script's technology has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of new therapeutics, sustainable chemical production, improved crops as well as new applications such as data storage.
Open position at DNA Script
DNA Script is a startup company that develops enzyme-based process for the custom DNA synthesis. Following our recent fundraising fundraising, we are expanding our protein engineering team. As a Lab Technician for DNA Script, you will support the protein engineering team using your practical skills in chemistry, biochemistry and microbiology. Besides the execution of the routine tasks, this position also offers an opportunity to learn how to do directed evolution and protein engineering.
- Execute the routine tasks such as preparation of growth mediums and buffers
- Perform a variety of molecular biology laboratory experiments, including isolation and analysis of DNA, PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis
- Express and purify proteins
- Perform enzymatic activity tests
- Provide general support for the protein engineering team
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry
- 'Hands on' working experience in molecular biology or biochemistry lab
- At least some familiarity with the protein handling and purification
- Ability to support multiple projects
- Ability to learn new techniques
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Good command of the English language
We will be glad to receive your application along with the usual supporting documents, which will be handled with utmost confidentiality.
Misha Soskine, PhD
R&D Enzyme engineering Project Leader email@example.com www.dnascript.co