VP Industrial Property
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using an enzymatic technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through rapid, affordable, and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage.
To date, DNA Script has raised over 20 M€/$ 24M of financing, mostly through equity funding brought by leading investors such as Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners and Idinvest. The company partners with leading institutions, in particular Institut Pasteur. Position open at DNA Script
DNA Script is looking to reinforce its management team by the addition of a Vice President Industrial Property. You will be part of leadership management team of the company aside with the current VP Research, VP Development and VP Manufacturing reporting directly to the CEO and CTO. This is a critical role for DNA Script, since the Company needs to manage and further develop its industrial and intellectual property portfolio.
Your roles will be to: i. Manage current IP portfolio;
ii. Support and contribute to IP portfolio development;
iii. Define the company's IP strategy and implement it at the highest level of excellence;
iv. Analyze competitors portfolio for freedom to operate and counterfeiting
- Manage DNA Script IP portfolio, including patent, trademark and trade secrets, including preparation, follow-up, maintenance and prosecution for EU, US and international fillings.
- Protect and defend IP rights via all methods up to and including litigation.
- Identify patentable inventions through frequent interactions with internal and external R&D project teams.
- Propose and implement Company IP strategy.
- Screen and analyze complement technologies for licensing opportunity
- Stay current with developing case law and legislation through professional readings and participation in association.
- Manage outside counsel in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications.
- Educate and advise colleagues on intellectual property issues and good practices.
- In close connection with business and corporate development, prepare or advise the organization on other agreements and/or contracts including research agreements; consulting agreements; in & out licensing agreements; general commercial agreements, etc.
- Providing strategic counsel to the business regarding the competitive IP landscape for the company's current product portfolio and future product candidates and technology plans.
- Contribute to the leadership management of the Company and ensure a continuity between research, development and manufacturing, business development IP strategy.
- Contribute to Company overall development with knowledge, expertise, innovative ideas, high professional standards and team spirit.
- Bring expertise to contribute to the overall product development strategy and vision.
- Provide input to the overall Company strategy and objectives.
- Contribute to build a dynamic, committed-to-success, mutually-energizing, and respectful team culture.
- Has Juris Doctorate or equivalent.
- Has an advanced degree in Microbiology, Bioengineering, Molecular Genetics, or a related biotechnology-relevant discipline or an advanced degree in Organic Chemistry, Nucleic Acid Chemistry or related biochemistry-relevant discipline.
- Cumulate 5-10 years of total prior legal experience including time at a top-tier law firm and at least 3 years prior legal experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industries
- Possess working knowledge of transactional, commercial, and intellectual property law
- Possess experience in drafting and prosecuting biotechnology-related patent applications
- Can independently draft and negotiate agreements
- Can handle large volume of work on a prioritized basis
- Has exceptional analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities in addition to very strong leadership abilities. As well as the ability to set a course that is optimal for the company in the context of both ambiguity and complicated and conflicting priorities.
- Has strong communication and presentation skills, team orientation, efficient interaction with internal team members as well as external partners.
- Has excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to ensure to stay in budget and time while communicating clearly to the rest of the management team and CEO and CTO.
- Possesses the authority and credibility to represent the Company among stakeholders and industry peers.
- Has the highest levels of personal honesty, integrity and commitment.
Job located in Paris, at Pépinière Santé Cochin, 29 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014, Paris contact: firstname.lastname@example.org